India Couture Week 2018 Bridal Showcase!
India Couture Week 2018 is an annual Bridal Couture fashion week held in Delhi every year. Organised by the FDCI, India Couture week 2018 was held from 25th-29th July 2018 at Taj Palace, New Delhi. This year it was presented Hindustan Times and was the 11 edition of the event. The designers that showcased this year at the India Couture Week 2018 are Tarun Tahiliani, Anju Modi, Falguni Shane Peacock, Amit Agarwal, Suneet Varma, Shyamal Bhumika, Rahul Mishra, Reynu Taandon, Rohit Bal. We give you a Gist of the collection details for every designer who showcased at the India Couture Week 2018
Collection Synopsis at the India Couture Week 2018
- Tarun Tahiliani showed his couture and occasion-wear collection, In Elysium, on day one of India Couture Week 2018. The collection comprised of bridal cocktail lehengas and concept sarees to intricately embellished Anarkalis. Minimal surface ornamentation and airy lehengas were the highlights of the collection teamed with luxe fabrics and detailed craftsmanship.
- Anju Modi showcased the Victorian era-inspired collection titled ‘A Maiden’s Prayer’ on Day 1 of the India Couture Week 2018. Inspired by the 1800 Victorian Era Modi’s collection looked straight out of a fairytale with heavy fabrics and intricate textures throughout the collection that is fit for a royal bride.
- Falguni Shane Peacock finally made their debut on Day 2 at the India Couture Week 2018. Known for sophisticated modern bridals their collection boasted of gorgeous styles with plunging necklines and backlines, snug silhouettes, sheer fabric, and unexpected cutout bodices.
- Amit Aggarwal made his debut on day 3 at the Indian couture week 2018. Amit is known for adding shape and structure to fabrics. Aggarwal’s collection titled ‘Crystalis’ featured various complex patterns, textiles, and embroideries. The structured corded saris with intricate hand embellishments featured the designer’s signature polymer detail. We think the collection is perfect for the new-age bride.
- Suneet Varma showcased his latest collection ‘Naintara’ on the third day of India Couture Week 2018. There were many magnificent, dreamy dresses in this collection of 55 looks. His evening dresses composed of exciting fringes, tassel-bedecked hems, necklines and sleeves, appliquéd jackets, oversized flower motifs, rhinestones, exuberant ruffles, vivid textural embroideries, heavy-on-the-metal fabrics, ornate thread-work and fluttering ruffles.
- Shyamal Bhumika presented their collection Muse of Mirrors on Day 4 of India Couture Week, 2018. The designs bore their trademark detailing and rich embroidery work. The designers showcased lehengas, anarkalis, sarees and sherwanis in natural, diaphanous fabrics that were both bold and classic, laden with ancient embroidery techniques, such as zardozi pita, floral appliqués, and colorful details.
- Rahul Misra showcased on day 4 at the Indian Couture Week 2018. Influenced by miniature paintings along with nature-inspired elements, his collection will see new avatars of zardozi, and lehengas embedded with Swarovski along with his signature 3D embroideries.
- Renyu Tandon showcased on day 4 at the couture week 2018. Her collection was titled Once Upon A Dream. The theme came through in a range of textures, patterns and embellishments adorned on a series of familiar wedding and bridal silhouettes, namely lehengas. A passionate palette of corals, ivory, gold, and pastel tones like mint, lemon, pink.
- Rohit Bal closed the Indian Couture Week 2018 as the Grand Finale Designer. His collection titled Guldastah was exactly that – a bouquet of nature-inspired gowns, skirts, lehengas, and sarees. We saw similar motifs on the menswear with bandhgalas that boasted of pink flamingos.
These are the Synopsis of the entire Indian Couture Week 2018 Bridal Showcase. Let us know which collection you loved the most in comments below.