Judith Leiber & Her passion for crystallized Purses
Judith Leiber (January 11, 1921 – April 28, 2018) was a Hungarian-American designer, known for her unique crystal minaudieres. Metal shell clutches which were often encrusted with ‘Swarovski’ crystal plated with silver and gold and were in various forms, the main theme of her designs were often inspired by animals. Her creation is often seen in the hands of Bollywood and Hollywood celebrities. Her intricate workmanship proves that there’s nothing she couldn’t create out of Swarovski crystal, rhinestones, and semi-precious stones. Judith Leiber found her business in the year 1963. Her work may cost up to thousands of dollars because they are exclusive and has since become a status symbol. Her work is sold only at exclusive boutiques around the world. There are only four Judith Leiber boutiques in the world, which are located in New Delhi, Jakarta, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. A few selected fashion stores like Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Neiman Marcus, have some of her collection available. Over the years designers from all over the world have created fabulous designer bags, but Judith Leiber has certainly left her mark on the fashion industry. Her creations are famous because of the unusual unique shape of the clutches and bags, the use of the ‘ Swarovski’ crystal and the craftsmanship that goes into creating them. Judith Leiber has received a lifetime achievement award from the council of fashion designers. Remembering her, here are some of the best creations of Judith Leiber and clearly they show Judith Leiber & Her passion for crystallized Purses.
Judith Leiber Crystalized Purses
- Lord Ganesha clutch: No one would have ever thought of making clutch in the shape of Ganpati. The work done is so intricate and the colors used just go with the theme Ganpati. This creation very popular among Bollywood stars and also seen in the hands of Bollywood celebrity Shilpa Shetty.
- The peacock clutch: This peacock clutch is unique because of it’s shape and color. The color used for this clutch is not regular peacock color but it’s rather monochromatic. Namibian model Behati Prinsloo a Victoria Secret model was seen carrying this clutch with her MET gala outfit.
- Camera clutch: This is camera shaped box clutch, which is covered in crystals. The click camera clutch was a part of her Marilyn Monroe inspired capsule collection. This creation shows the hustle and bustle of living life in the spotlight. This piece includes an opening that imitates the ‘click’ of snapping a picture. The camera clutch creation was seen in the hands of Bollywood celebrity Alia Bhatt and British singer Kelly Osbourne.
- Crystal beatnik cat clutch: This hard shell silhouette features a cat wearing a black turtleneck, sunglasses, and beret. This creation was seen in the hands of Bollywood celebrity Sonam Kapoor.
- Leopard clutch: This clutch has bold leopard print all around. Which is embellished with Swarovski crystal all over, was seen in the hands of Bollywood celebrity Sonali Bendre.
These are the most iconic pieces by Judith Leiber. April 28, 2018, the fashion industry lost one of the most iconic and creative designers that existed. Through her creations she will always be remembered Judith Leiber & Her passion for crystallized Purses.